Annotated Ontario Building Code Act
ebook ∣ Volume 1
Add Book To Favorites
Find this title in Libby, the library reading app by OverDrive.
Search for a digital library with this title
Title found at these libraries:
The legal reference you need for the BCA
Well-received and highly recommended by building officials and construction practitioners, Annotated Ontario Building Code Act, 2023 Edition is the only legal source you need for the Building Code Act, 1992 and the 2012 Ontario Building Code. With section-by-section commentary on the statute and numerous user-friendly and time-saving features, this comprehensive reference will noticeably speed up your research. Coverage includes unreported cases, giving you the full information that you need.
Practical advice and valuable insights are offered by Jeffrey L. Levitt and John Mascarin, leading experts in the field of building and construction legislation who have variously advised and represented the province, municipalities, building practitioners and consultants with respect to the legislation.
Features and Benefits
This unique resource allows you to gain a thorough grasp of this complex statute by providing you with:
Considerable Time-Saving Features
Highlights of the 2023 Edition
- Cavan Monaghan (Township) v. Kings Custom Homes Inc.,  O.J. No. 1472 (Div. Ct.) on relevant factors in an application for a restraining order
- Schuettel v. Minto (Town),  O.J. No. 3764 (S.C.J.) on the inability to challenge the issuance of a building permit under the Rules of Civil Procedure
- Yu v. Richmond (City),  B.C.J. No. 1247 (C.A.) on the effect of public bulletins and guidelines issued by a building department
- Cambridge (City) (Chief Building Official) v. Haastown Holdings (Preston) Inc.,  O.J. No. 1705 (S.C.J.) on emergency orders and heritage buildings
- 87 Jameson Avenue v. Toronto (City),  O.J. No. 4724 (S.C.J.) on property standards by-laws that require existing construction to meet current Building Code standards
A Day-to-Day Reference For