ebook ∣ Cases, Materials and Problems, Teacher's Manual
By Peter Nash Swisher
Add Book To Favorites
Sign up to save your library
With an OverDrive account, you can save your favorite libraries for at-a-glance information about availability. Find out more about OverDrive accounts.
Find this title in Libby, the library reading app by OverDrive.
Search for a digital library with this title
Title found at these libraries:
TEACHER'S MANUAL for Family Law: Cases, Materials and Problems, Third Edition
Family Law addresses contemporary family law issues and analyzes the public and private dichotomy in contemporary family law relationships. Current family law topics addressed in this book include:
• Marriage and marriage alternatives
• Support and property rights
• Conception and reproduction issues
• Domestic violence and intrafamily torts
• Care and supervision of children
• Adoption and termination of parental rights
• Legitimacy and paternity
• Divorce or dissolution of marriage
• Economic consequences of divorce, including spousal and child support, equitable distribution of marital and community property and a discussion of the American Law Institute's proposed principles of the law of family dissolution
• Child custody and visitation, including a discussion of the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act and the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act
• Premarital and postmarital agreements
• Alternative dispute resolution
• Ethical issues for the family lawyer
While addressing many cutting-edge family law issues, this Family Law casebook still maintains a realistic balance between theory and practice. The format is manageable, condensed, and user-friendly. Each topic includes a general introduction, a current or landmark illustrative judicial decision, relevant notes and questions analyzing, extending, or questioning each topic, and problems allowing students to analyze particular family law issues and disputes as practitioners, legislators, or jurists would.