Secrets of the Teenage Brain
ebook ∣ Research-Based Strategies for Reaching and Teaching Today's Adolescents
Find this title in Libby, the library reading app by OverDrive.
Search for a digital library with this title
Title found at these libraries:
Cutting-edge research meets brain-friendly strategies for teaching adolescents!
Teenagers can be mystifying to educators and parents. They exhibit a daunting array of dangerous tendencies and characteristics: emotional swings, forgetfulness, and fondness of risk-taking. What are teens thinking? What's the best way to reach them? The revised and expanded edition of this hands-on guide helps unlock these secrets by explaining the biological and neurological changes happening in the teenage brain. Educators can use these insights developed from current research to help students achieve their full potential both in and out of the classroom.
Organized around specific areas of adolescent development, Secrets of the Teenage Brain is packed with fresh instructional strategies that teachers can modify and adapt to various contexts. In addition to presenting the latest facts and research findings, this guide offers:
· "Secrets Revealed" sections that present compelling stories and research about the growing adolescent brain
· Straightforward demystification on the differences between girls' and boys' brains
· Insights into the effects of technology on the brain
· Strategies for approaching such issues as ADHD, steroid use, and aggression
· An educator's book club guide, with discussion questions
Enjoy reading and talking with your colleagues about how to understand and tap into the secrets of the teenage brain!