British Columbia Family Law Practice
ebook ∣ Volume 1
Add Book To Favorites
Find this title in Libby, the library reading app by OverDrive.
Search for a digital library with this title
Title found at these libraries:
British Columbia Family Law Practice, 2023 Edition is once again your source for all the annotated legislation that a B.C. family law professional needs. This new edition reflects recent court approaches in interpreting and applying the Divorce Act, Child Support Guidelines, the B.C. Child, Family and Community Service Act, Family Law Act and other federal and provincial family legislation. It also continues to offer the original Ministry interpretations of every FLA provision, as well as cross-references to help you negotiate the legislation.
What's New In This Edition
- Barendregt v. Grebliunas (effect of family violence in parenting orders; fresh and new evidence on appeals; mobility orders under the new statutory regime);
- B.J.T. v. J.D. (importance of biological relationship in parenting orders); and
- Colucci v. Colucci (restatement and simplification of DBS principles)
- Retroactive variation to agreement for child support (Hinz v. Dave);
- Subject of child support order must still be a child to make a retroactive award at the date of the application (Zhang v. Deng);
- Blameworthy conduct as justification for retroactive child support order (Gauthier v. Gauthier);
- Comparison of spouse's contributions to family property (Rana v. Ullah);
- Where a child resides (Aslanimehr v. Hashemi);
- Standard of review on appeal from arbitration (Nolin v. Ramirez);
- Remedy where court lacks territorial jurisdiction (English v. McCurdy);
- Timing of granting of divorce (Gill v. Benipal);
- Compensatory spousal support and SSAG (Sebok v. Babits);
- Variation of support where no review clause in separation agreement (Jennens v. Jennens);
- Imposing a constructive trust in long relationships (Virk v. Singh);
- Summary trials in family proceedings (Hudema v. Moore); and
- Many more!
An Invaluable Reference...