Florida Construction Law and Practice
By The Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education
Add Book To Favorites
Sign up to save your library
With an OverDrive account, you can save your favorite libraries for at-a-glance information about availability. Find out more about OverDrive accounts.
Find this title in Libby, the library reading app by OverDrive.
Search for a digital library with this title
Title found at these libraries:
Authored by experienced construction lawyers, this manual is a comprehensive treatment of construction law. Chapters cover the rights and liabilities of parties to construction projects, the bid process involving public entities, trial preparation, and alternative dispute resolution and partnering. The manual addresses bankruptcy, bond, insurance, and damages issues, and includes a chapter on jury instructions for construction trials.
Highlights of the new edition include:
• Throughout the book the authors addressed the impact of Tiara Condominium Association, Inc. v. Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. where the Florida Supreme Court held the Economic Loss Rule applies only in the products liability context
• The impact of the Florida Statute Evidence Code amendment based on Daubert regarding admissibility of expert testimony is raised
• Statutory amendments impacting the Notice of Commencement, changes in the requirements for written demands for contract copies, and added flexibility for notices, claims of lien and other served documents
• The pre-suit notice requirements changed by statute are discussed
• Changes to public construction bonds, private payment bonds and public bids are detailed
• Case law, statute, and rule references are reviewed and updated