How to Do Everything Genealogy
By George G. Morgan
Add Book To Favorites
Sign up to save your library
With an OverDrive account, you can save your favorite libraries for at-a-glance information about availability. Find out more about OverDrive accounts.
Find this title in Libby, the library reading app by OverDrive.
Search for a digital library with this title
Title found at these libraries:
Trace your family tree and discover your roots
Fully updated and revised, this bestselling genealogy guide helps you tap into the wealth of global ancestry records and offers proven strategies for both traditional and electronic research. How to Do Everything: Genealogy, Second Edition explores basic rules of genealogical evidence, evaluation of source materials, research methods, and successful techniques for web-based research. You'll get new information on DNA-based records, social networking sites, blogs, podcasts, the latest hardware and software, and much more.
- Set up and organize your family tree
- Place your ancestors into context and locate essential records of their lives
- Trace census, immigration, church, cemetery, military, and property records in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.
- Locate and access document repositories, such as libraries and archives and their online catalogs
- Conduct effective Internet research
- Get past brick walls and dead ends in your research
- Research and verify your ancestors using genetic genealogy (DNA)
- Plan a very successful research trip
- Determine the best technology for your research, including portable devices and databases
- Share your findings with family members and collaborate with other researchers