Find this title in Libby, the library reading app by OverDrive.
Search for a digital library with this title
Title found at these libraries:
A gentle, imaginative introduction to the skills all creative writers need.Breaking down the elements that go into successful imaginative works, The Creative Writer leads aspiring writers through the skills needed to construct each. The assignments, designed to make students more aware of language and more confident in their own ingenuity, build on each other until beginning creative writers have successfully created their own stories, poems, and essays.
• Simple but innovative exercises encourage young writers to strengthen their vocabulary and become aware of the patterns of sentences
• Legends and folklore are used to teach point of view, characterization, plotting, and other vital skills
• Classic poetry serves as a model for the student's own original poems
• Unlike most "how to write" books, The Creative Writer is designed to be used in a mentor/student relationship, with teaching, guidance, and evaluation tips provided for the mentor or teacher
• Can be used as a complement to Writing With Skill or on its own