The Law of Lender Liability
ebook ∣ Volume 1 · The Law of Lender Liability (3)
By Jessica D. Gabel
Add Book To Favorites
Sign up to save your library
With an OverDrive account, you can save your favorite libraries for at-a-glance information about availability. Find out more about OverDrive accounts.
Find this title in Libby, the library reading app by OverDrive.
Search for a digital library with this title
Title found at these libraries:
There is a large volume of reported appellate cases on lender liability, and most courts are eager to decide each case after examining its unique facts. Lenders need to understand, before taking action at any stage in the loan relationship, how to avoid legal issues that can lead to costly litigation.
Law of Lender Liability provides a comprehensive explanation of the major legal issues that arise between lenders and borrowers at the various stages of the loan relationship. It also provides practical guidance for developing and implementing protective measures at every stage of the life of the loan.
This manual covers:
• Developments regarding federal pre-emption of state banking laws
• Federal agency warnings, guidance and advisories to financial institutions concerning new types of financial products
• Cases exploring the outer reaches of guarantory liability
• Punitive damages decisions in the appellate courts
• Challenges to arbitration clauses
• Court responses to lawsuits alleging breach of the lender’s fiduciary duties
• Statutes and cases breaking new ground on privacy rights