Workers' Compensation Law
ebook ∣ Teacher's Manual · Workers' Compensation Law
By Lex K. Larson
Add Book To Favorites
Sign up to save your library
With an OverDrive account, you can save your favorite libraries for at-a-glance information about availability. Find out more about OverDrive accounts.
Find this title in Libby, the library reading app by OverDrive.
Search for a digital library with this title
Title found at these libraries:
TEACHER'S MANUAL for Immigration Law and Procedure
The Fifth Edition of Workers' Compensation Law is a blend of conventional casebook style and concise text. The basic concepts of workers' compensation - including course of employment, arising out of employment, injury by accident, employee status - are covered in the more traditional fashion, with case excerpts provided for students to learn these concepts.
The Fifth Edition of Workers' Compensation Law preserves the essential and thorough treatment of these basic aspects while adding or expanding material on current topical issues, such as:
• Recovery of benefits by undocumented workers;
• Compensability of claims related to terrorist attacks;
• Psychological stress claims;
• Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and other repetitive-motion injuries;
• Interplay of Workers' Compensation with the Americans with Disabilities Act;
• Choice of medical provider;
• Special problems of working at home;
• Use of mediation and other alternative dispute resolution techniques;
• Recent developments with Second Injury Funds; and
• Exclusivity and the substantial certainty rule.
Professors and adjunct professors may request complimentary examination copies of LexisNexis law school publications to consider for class adoption or recommendation.