The Law of Employee Pension and Welfare Benefits
By Lawrence A. Frolik
Add Book To Favorites
Sign up to save your library
With an OverDrive account, you can save your favorite libraries for at-a-glance information about availability. Find out more about OverDrive accounts.
Find this title in Libby, the library reading app by OverDrive.
Search for a digital library with this title
Title found at these libraries:
This book introduces the student to how ERISA and the IRC protect and regulate employee pension and welfare benefit plans. The authors wrote this book mindful of the following concerns:
The new Third Edition includes:
1. Expanded coverage and discussion of 401(k) plans with a discussion of their potential, why they are popular and what problems they present.
2. Coverage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and how it relates to ERISA welfare plans.
3. Complete and detailed coverage of recent Supreme Court ERISA decisions, including Cigna Corporation v. Amara and Conkright v. Frommert
4. Expanded coverage of cases dealing with fiduciary duties in connection with 401(k) plans including Hecker v. Deere & Company, Jeremy Braden v. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., and Difelice v. U.S. Airways.
5. Updated and expanded explanations of ERISA preemption of state law.
This eBook features links to Lexis Advance for further legal research options.