Attorneys' Textbook of Medicine
ebook ∣ Volume 15 · Attorneys' Textbook of Medicine (3)
By Roscoe N. Gray, M.D.
Add Book To Favorites
Sign up to save your library
With an OverDrive account, you can save your favorite libraries for at-a-glance information about availability. Find out more about OverDrive accounts.
Find this title in Libby, the library reading app by OverDrive.
Search for a digital library with this title
Title found at these libraries:
The Most Comprehensive and Authoritative Medical Reference for Attorneys
You'll find detailed, hard to find information on hundreds of injuries and diseases, complete with diagnosis, treatment, prognosis, and medical-legal annotations. Written specifically for the practicing attorney, this valuable tool will help you confidently prepare and present your case.
Easy to Understand for You and the Jury
No matter how involved the medical aspects of an injury or its treatment, you'll be able to understand them all--along with their practical legal implications. The Attorneys' Textbook of Medicine puts you in complete command during the examination and cross-examination of medical experts and enables you to communicate in lay terms that jurors can clearly understand. In addition, backed by hundreds of illustrations, diagrams, charts, tables and checklists, this classic research aid is essential for any attorney trying a personal injury, medical malpractice, or workers' compensation case.
The Attorneys' Textbook of Medicine provides quick access to explanations of every compensable injury and a wide range of diseases and conditions. It includes the background information you need to confidently
prepare complex cases, evaluate injuries and disabilities, present evidence to jurors in language they can understand, and effectively examine and cross-examine medical witnesses.
Extensive medico-legal material includes:
• Concise descriptions of the nature of the injury/disorder/disease, diagnosis, prognosis for recovery, treatment options, and extent of disability
• Over 400 full-color images depicting anatomy and mechanisms of injuries for use in court and in settlement brochures
• Detailed summaries of AMA Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment (the international standard used to define impairment), explaining standards for testing
• Attorney's checklists of questions used to examine experts and investigate the medical record
• Legal annotations including case decisions and monetary awards/settlements
• Diagrams and illustrations incorporated throughout the text
• Extensive medical bibliographies
19 volumes, updated 4 times per year
Also available on CD-ROM and at lexis.com.
Original authors: Roscoe N. Gray, M.D.; Louise J. Gordy, M.D., LL.B.
Current authors: Various flat-fee medical writers.
Primary flat fee writers: David and Cecile Simerman; Barbara Robb
This eBook features links to Lexis Advance for further legal research options.