Cases and Materials on Civil Procedure
By David Crump
Add Book To Favorites
Find this title in Libby, the library reading app by OverDrive.
Search for a digital library with this title
Title found at these libraries:
The Sixth Edition includes new landmark cases and reflects recent changes in procedural rules and practice. While essentially a traditional casebook organized along the lines of the events in a lawsuit, this new edition of Cases and Materials on Civil Procedure retains the unique features that have made prior editions a success, including:
• "Chapter Summary Problems" - optional comprehensive problems requiring the student to "put the chapter together" and apply to the problems the material addressed in the chapter
• "Improving the System" sections challenging students to think more deeply about cutting-edge issues
• Litigation documents showing actual litigation sequences, including the motion for summary judgment in Jones v. Clinton and excerpts from the jury selection, the court's charge, and the final arguments in Pennzoil Co. v. Texaco, Inc.
• "How to Read This Case" notes precede particularly difficult cases
• Traditional federal materials are supplemented with an introduction to differing practices of three benchmark states: California and Texas
• A chapter devoted to Alternative Dispute Resolution methods
Cases and Materials on Civil Procedure is supplemented annually. A comprehensive Teacher's Manual is available to professors.
Professors and adjunct professors may request complimentary examination copies of LexisNexis law school publications to consider for class adoption or recommendation. Please identify the book(s) you wish to receive, provide your institutional contact information, and submit your request here.